I am beginning a new manuscript and a new to-do list while I wait for my third manuscript to go to the editor on August 18th. Beginning a new manuscript requires research, character development, and outlining. Here is my to-do list for my fourth manuscript.
MY TO-DO LIST
Character development including positive and negative traits.
- Research a proper setting. The setting needs to be on piece of farm land close enough to a small town which isn’t too far (maybe an hour) from a big city.
- Describe the setting in Scrivener.
- Outline the story in Scrivener.
- Begin writing manuscript.
- Ongoing research as needed.
- Read a dark read for inspiration.
- Write at least 1500 words a day.
The fourth manuscript, which I intend on titling Something of the Forest, is going to be something darker than I have ever written before. I would love to read a story like this one. And you know what they say, “Write the story you want to read.”
Here is a picture of my main antagnoist/protagonist, Brody. This picture serves as my inspiration for the main character. I hope you enjoy him as much as I do. However, you have to picture him wearing trendy glasses while at work and a beanie while on the farm.
Please consider joining my newsletter to get up-to-date information on Brody and his struggles. https://www.sarahgreyson.com
PS. If you have read a dark read lately that is well-written, please comment below with the title and author. I need a good one.